Programul seminarului :
9:00 Start of seminar, welcome
9:05 Introduction to signal integrity
- What is signal integrity and why it is important
- Digital signals
- Eye diagram
- Roots of signal distortion and its effects
- Differential line
- Bit Error Rate Test (BERT)
11:00 Oscilloscopes and their applications in signal integrity analysis - part I.
- Types of oscilloscopes – real-time and equivalent-time oscilloscopes
- Key parameters for oscilloscope selection – bandwidth, sample rate, resolution, ENOB ….
- Triggering and clock recovery
- Connection to measured circuit – probes and conditioning
- Influence of the probe on measured circuit its elimination
13:00 Oscilloscopes and their applications in signal integrity analysis - part II.
- How to properly perform eye diagram measurement
- Jitter – types and components, jitter measurement and calculation
- Examples of jitter measurements
- Crosstalks and its measurements
13:30 Signal integrity measurements with vector network analyzers
- Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) – oscilloscopes vs. network analyzers
- What is vector network analyzer (VNA)?
- Theory of network analysis
- Important components of measurement system – cables and calibration kits
- Differential measurements with VNA, differential S-parameters
- Time domain measurements with VNA
- Advanced VNA measurements usefull for digital circuits design
15:00 Discussion and measurement demonstrations
15:30 Expected end of seminar